Information regarding the College’s response to the emerging COVID-19 situation will be posted on this page.
Current College Updates
Past College Updates
- Please see information regarding the Lismore LGA lockdown.
- Students will return to the College as of Monday 13 September as a result of lockdown being lifted in the Northern Rivers region.
- Please see the links below for information regarding the return to school and Level 3 restrictions. Please email the College if you have queries.
- As a result of the new NSW Public Health Order for all Regional NSW, lockdown has been extended until 12.01am Sunday, 22 August 2021. We will continue to deliver education to our students through Blended Learning.
- Attendance at school continues to be limited to vulnerable students and those students whose parents/caregivers for whom it is essential for them to attend their place of work and cannot work from home.
- Should your child need to attend school, please be aware, under the new Public Health Order, masks are required for all secondary students in all indoor areas. Masks are also required in outdoor areas where you are within 1.5 metres of other people. Students who do not have a mask will be provided with one. If your child is exempt from wearing a mask, an exemption document must be carried with them at all times.
- Attendance at school will now be limited to vulnerable students and those students whose parents/caregivers for whom it is essential for them to attend their place of work and cannot work from home.
- Please visit the link below for more information about the Stay at Home Order currently impacting the Byron, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina Shire LGAs.
- 29/07/2021: The Trial HSC Examination period has been revised following an announcement from the Catholic Secondary Schools Association.
- Please visit the link below for more information. Parents and students have been emailed a revised copy of the Trial HSC Examination timetable.
- Regarding the NSW Public Health Order and the Queensland Stay at Home Order, we have received the following current information regarding student attendance. Please understand this advice is subject to change and further advice will be issued if the situation changes.
- COVID-19 Attendance: NSW Public Health Order
- COVID-19 guidelines have been updated to reflect the recent announcements and changes from NSW Health for the start of Term 2 2021. Please see the link below for further information.
- The Catholic Schools Office, with the support of Catholic Schools NSW, will continue to monitor the current COVID situation over the Easter break and throughout the school holidays. We will communicate with you in the second week of the holidays and fully expect that schools will be open for business as usual for Term 2. We wish all families a safe and happy Easter.
- NSW Health has updated their advice regarding the NSW Health Stay at Home Order. Please observe NSW Health guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety. Those who have visited identified hotspots are asked to isolate per instructions via the NSW Government. Do not send your child to school if you or they have visited an identified hotspot in NSW or in the Greater Brisbane area.
- Live information from NSW Health is linked below.
Families will be aware of the emerging and uncertain nature of the COVID-19 situation in and around the Ballina/Byron Bay region. On Thursday 1 April 2021, Xavier Catholic College will attempt to run as close to normal as possible.
Any decision, made after considering the advice from NSW Health and with your child’s best interests at heart, is supported.
The College Cross Country Championship event will proceed as planned. However, the Fun Run aspect of the day has been cancelled.
I thank parents for their support and understanding during these difficult times, and wish you a happy and safe Easter break.
Mr Kevin Lewis
- A staged return to the College will commence from Monday, 11 May (Week 3).
- For more information, please see this letter.
- Term 2 commences on Monday, 27 April with blended learning modes.
- For more information, please see this letter.
- From Monday, 6th April until Thursday, 9th April, the College will be implementing Staff Development Days. The College will remain open for supervision for children of parents who need to attend their place of work outside of home. All other children must be kept at home.
- For more information, please read the attached correspondence from Dr Sally Towns (Director of Catholic Schools).
- As from today, in line with the Prime Minister’s directive, our school will only be open to cater for children of parents who need to attend their place of work outside of home. All other children must be kept at home. With reduced staffing numbers, it is absolutely crucial that you do not send your children to school if you can cater for them at home.
- The College has scheduled urgent professional learning for Wednesday 25th March and Thursday 26th March. For more information regarding the College’s scheduled Professional Learning, please click here.
- Please click this link to view Notification Protocols for unwell students and staff.
- Year 7 Vaccinations (scheduled for 24/03/2020) have been postponed until further notice.
- The College is running as normal until advised otherwise.
Please find below the most up to date information regarding COVID-19 from the Catholic Schools Office Lismore website: