Year 9 Program
The Year 9 Program is a four-part program that has been designed to expose the students to a diverse range of activities and experiences, including a spiritual, communal, personal and physical experience.
We believe the program helps to promote and shape independent, self-disciplined, socially aware and motivated Xavier students. Through experiencing opportunities for problem-solving, personal challenges and genuine interactions and relationships with adults, the students develop in their personal maturity and embody the ideals of the Xavier graduate.
The Year 9 Program runs over four-term, and each term has offered a different experience. The main goals of each term are:
- Community Service – Crowley Village and the RSL nursing home.
- To promote the concept of Being men and women for others: we want to show love in deeds and to serve others generously.
- Physical activities at Lake Ainsworth.
- Formation of the whole person: we focus on the intellectual, affective and moral to develop a sense of self-worth and of one’s place in the world.
- To Find God in all things: every aspect of our life and labour can affirm the goodness and presence of God.
- 'The Men we Want' and 'Girls Squad.'
- Encouraging excellence: we want to be distinguished for our pastoral provision through which we encourage the bountiful development of our gifts for others.